SOME REASONS FOR SUSPENSION OR REVOCATION OF DRIVERS’ LICENSE IN FLORIDA
- Possession, sale, trafficking in controlled substance, FS 322.055 and 322.056 (1), 322.27(6).
- Violation of noncriminal tobacco regulations by a minor, FS 322.056.
- Delinquency in child support obligations, FS 322.058, 322.245.
- Driving privilege suspended or revoked in another state or foreign country, FS 322.24, 322.27 (E).
- Non-compliance with traffic court directives, FS 322.245.
- DUI or similar offense; conviction, test refusals, FS 322.25, 322.26, 322.2616 (.02 & under age 21).
- Violation of financial responsibility laws (car insurance), FS 324.251.
- Not complying with court penalty laws regarding traffic tickets, FS 318.15.
- Murder or manslaughter resulting from operation of a motor vehicle, FS 322.26 (1)(2).
- Using a vehicle to commit a felony, FS 322.26 (3).
- Leaving the scene resulting in death or injury, FS 322.26 (4).
- Perjury, false sworn statements or affidavits to DMV, FS 322.26 (5).
- 3 convictions of reckless driving in 12 months, FS 322.26 (6).
- Sex offense effected through use of motor vehicle, FS 322.26(7).
- Catch all provision- courts’ discretion- serious offense, FS 322.22 (8) and FS322.27 (2).
- Points, FS 322.27 (3).
- Incompetence to drive (not defined), FS 322.27 (1)(c).
- Violation of any traffic law resulting in crash causing death, personal injury or minimum $500.00 property damage, FS 322.27 (1)(b).
- Fraudulently obtained/use of drivers license, FS 322.27 (1)(d).
- 2nd conviction in 5 years of not stopping for school bus, FS 322.27 (1)(f).
- Habitual traffic offenders, FS 322.264, FS 322.27(5).
- Car theft conviction, FS 322.274(1).
*This list is for educational purposes only and not to be intended as legal advice. All statutes should be checked to make sure all information is current and an attorney should be consulted for any further questions.
If You Have Any Questions Regarding a Criminal Case in Florida
Please contact Clifton Law Office, you can reach me at my contact page online or call me directly at 904-209-4883.