Your recent car accident has turned your life upside down. The crash was traumatic and the injuries you sustained have kept you out of work and seeking medical treatment. The other driver was ticketed and his insurance company has contacted you, but you do not know what to do. Do you need an attorney?
An Attorney Can Ease Your Burden
As an accident victim, you are never required to hire an attorney to represent you. However, an attorney can help you in your recovery in many ways. From the minute you call the Clifton Law Office, we will take over the case, allowing you to focus on your recovery. You can count on our attorney to do the following:
- Gather evidence and speak to witnesses. In order to present a strong case for maximum compensation from the insurance company for the at-fault driver, you will need to present facts about how the accident occurred. Your attorney will gather important evidence to support your claim.
- Get police report and medical records. The insurance company will want to see documentation of the crash and of the extent of your injuries. While you can request these documents yourself, having an attorney take care of it is one less thing for you to worry about.
- Communicate with the insurance company. As soon as you hire an attorney, you can stop communicating with the insurance company and direct them to talk to your attorney. Their goal is to confuse and pressure you into accepting a settlement that is lower than what you deserve. An attorney will not allow that to happen.
- Get your bills paid. As you recover and wait for settlement money, you will have medical bills to pay. Your attorney can work with the hospital and your insurance policies to take care of your bills.
For many people, taking care of these tasks while recovering from serious injuries is just too much to bear. When you have an attorney representing you, you level the playing field between you and the insurance company. Your settlement is likely to be much higher when an attorney is negotiating for you.
When You Need an Attorney
In any injury case, you will likely benefit from having an attorney, but in the following situations, you should seriously consider hiring an attorney:
- Catastrophic injuries. If the crash left you with a traumatic brain injury, limb amputation, paralysis, or other serious injury, you will need a settlement that considers your long-term care as well as your non-economic damages.
- Question of fault. If the other driver is claiming that you contributed to the crash, your settlement could be reduced. An attorney can present evidence to prove you are not partially at fault.
- Commercial truck. If you were injured in a crash with a commercial truck, you will be facing a team of corporate attorneys who will try to reduce or reject your settlement. You need to fight fire with fire to get what you deserve.
- Drunk driver. If the driver who hit you was drunk, or was acting maliciously in another way, he should be required to pay punitive damages, which could be significant. An attorney can argue this point to a judge.
You Don’t Pay Unless We Win
When you call the Clifton Law Office, you are under no obligation to hire us. We will schedule a free consultation and be straight with you about what we can do for you. No money will be due up front. In fact, you won’t owe us anything unless we win your claim. You have nothing to lose, so call us today!